Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) registered as design category ‘Basic’ in the quiet suburb of Minto.
This address has two well maintained villas, each with 3 bedrooms. One of the villas is fully occupied and the remaining villa is vacant. Each home features a modern open plan dining/kitchen area, two living rooms, plus a shared relaxing undercover BBQ and entertainment area.
We are seeking two social and outgoing people who enjoy living independently with support on hand with three friendly housemates.
Two vacant bedrooms with built-in-wardrobes, heating/cooling, timber flooring and large windows for plenty of natural light.
The villas are in a quiet and friendly neighbourhood.
Each Villa features:
• 3 bedrooms inclusive of built-in wardrobes, heating and cooling
• Functional, fully equipped kitchen overlooking the dining area.
• Open plan living with comfortable lounge room, dining and 3 additional living areas.
• Fully accessible bathroom, with stepless shower and grab rails.
• Wheelchair accessible areas: bathrooms, bedrooms, all common areas, kitchen, outdoor and entertainment area.
• Well maintained backyard with undercover BBQ and entertainment area.
Currently two male housemates, ranging in age from 18 – 30.
Both residents work during the week, attend day programs, and enjoy catching up with family on the weekends.
The Villa is close to public transport, local supermarket, public parks, cafes and a medical practice.
This property is fully accessible.
Current support model
Rostered 24/7 care.
All staff have current First Aid and medication training. Regular household and vehicle safety checks are conducted.
Factors to consider when applying
Life Without Barriers will conduct a screening and suitability assessment to ensure housemates are compatible.
You are aged 18 years or over.
You are eligible for, and able to secure, an appropriate level of NDIS Supported Independent Living (SIL) and Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding.
You have the financial means to pay rent and utilities and are prepared to sign (or for a representative to sign) a service and accommodation agreement.
SDA Relevant Information: Design category 'Basic'
Vacancy code: NSWSYD-i-2