5 Bedroom, Doncaster East, VIC
Shared & Supported Independent Living vacancy
Spacious, nice, clean and tidy family and dining areas. Large backyard with the potential to grow vegetable.
Very friendly residents and staff. Currently two women are residing but open to a mixed house.
Three bedrooms are vacant – two sit in the middle of the house opposite the ramp, and the other is opposite the lounge area. All are of a similar size and aspect.
- Carpet floor
• Spacious, nice, clean and tidy family and dining areas
• Potential vegetable grow garden in backyard,
• Very friendly residents and staff
-Two females 1 lady is 53 and another is in her 80s.
- Residents enjoy a relaxing and quiet lifestyle. They share a fondness for outings such as going out for - meals and shopping.
- Hobbies undertaken include crafts and knitting.
Walking distance to shops, public transport, medical facilities; Opposite nature reserve.
- Shopping town across the main road (including restaurants, café, pharmacy, post office, supermarket, hair cut salon) -parks nearby in walking distance,
- bus stop on main road, medical facility in shopping town.
- Westfield Shopping Centre on Doncaster East, 5 minutes driving distance.
- Football ground across the main road
Wheelchair accessible kitchen and garden. Accessible toilet. Access ramp, grab rails, step-less shower.
Current support model
This property offers shared independent living with 24/7 support (active nights or a sleepover model). Staff are keen and appropriately trained to support people to live the life they want and make community connections.
Factors to consider when applying
Life Without Barriers will conduct a screening and suitability assessment to ensure housemates are compatible.
• You are aged 18 years or over.
• You are eligible for, and able to secure, an appropriate level of NDIS Supported Independent Living and Specialist Disability Accommodation funding.
• You have the financial means to pay rent and utilities and are prepared to sign (or for a representative to sign) an accommodation agreement.