Commonwealth Home Support Program
What is the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)?
The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) provides entry-level home support for older people who need some support to stay independent at home and in the community.
At Life Without Barriers, we will work with you under a Wellness and Reablement model. Our teams will work with you and support you to continue doing the things you love and are able to do in your home and community, to maintain your independence.
In times of need, we will support you to build your strength and ability to do everyday tasks for yourself again, focusing on a Reablement approach.
Am I eligible?
If you are over 65 years old, or 50 years old for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and need a small amount of help in the home, you may be eligible for CHSP.
What is available?
- Community Access and Social Support including shopping and support to appointments
- Social Groups in one of our centres or out and about in the community
- Personal Care services including showering, medication and meal preparation
- Cleaning and Household tasks
- Garden and Home Maintenance to improve your safety and independence at home
- Arranging Transport
- Respite for carers at home or in the community
To start using our aged care services you will need to register with My Aged Care and be assessed by their teams before choosing an aged care provider. If you have already been approved or would like help with navigating the process contact us now by phone, email or fill out our enquiry form.