What is the difference between CHSP and Home Care Packages?
Home Care Packages and the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) both give you support to stay at home, but there are differences between the programs.
With CHSP, you:
- Choose from a set menu of services with only a small amount of flexibility
- Only pay for the services you use
- Your eligibility is assessed by the Regional Assessment Service (RAS) through My Aged Care
- Entry level support only for those that require a small amount of support
- Choice of providers is limited based on availability of funding
With a Home Care Package:
- You are in control of your package funds and have the flexibility to choose the supports you want
- Once you are assigned a package, it stays in place until you no longer need it
- Your eligibility is assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) through My Aged Care
- Case Manager assigned to you to assist with finding the supports you need and want
Talk to a specialist
To start using our aged care services you will need to register with My Aged Care and be assessed by their teams before choosing an aged care provider. If you have already been approved or would like help with navigating the process contact us now by phone, email or fill out our enquiry form.