We Put Children First - understanding child sexual abuse
Every day we offer support and care to children. We want each of those children to feel as safe and respected as they should. The wellbeing of children is our greatest concern.
Ensuring children are well cared for, supported and protected from sexual and physical abuse is an absolute, non-negotiable priority.
We Put Children First: Understanding Child Sexual Abuse is a training package for employees and carers. The training aims to build our capacity to act protectively towards the children we support. The training uses animated video and case studies to explore what child sexual abuse is, the indicators of abuse, about people who offend against children, and how to respond to disclosures. You can learn more about this course and how to access it here.
You can find more information about how we put children first here
You can find information about what to do if a child discloses abuse here
You can find information about mandatory reporting here
The links below provide further resources:
- Child sexual abuse: talking to children 0-11 years
- Child sexual abuse: talking to teenagers
- Preventing child sexual abuse in your family and community
- Signs that someone is involved in child sexual abuse
- Signs of sexual abuse in children and teenagers
- Grooming: recognising the signs
- Problematic and harmful sexual behaviour in children and teenagers
- Child sexual abuse: what to do if a child is sexually abused
- Child sexual abuse: help and support for children
- Child sexual abuse: helplines and services
- Sexual assault and teenagers