We’re committed to caring for children, young people and families – we’re...
30 September 2016
"I know what it's like to only have the clothes that are in your pack, I want other foster kids to know that they are not alone and they can feel like they can do anything."
29 September 2016
Are you in VIC and looking for a new role that will challenge you and give you an opportunity to make a significance difference in a child or young person’s life?
We need people with experience or knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), to become Foster Carers for vulnerable young people. A number of children and young people with ASD, are in short-term foster care or residential placements and are having difficulties coping with the significant changes to their routines, relationships and life.
We are looking for Foster Carers who can commit to these fantastic kids by showing them adults are consistent and trustworthy; that adults will care and love them no matter how much they may be tested; and to show these kids that they are definitely worth it.
Contact us if you are someone who:
• understands that children and young people may communicate through non-verbal means
• understands that tantrums, self-harming behaviour and aggression towards others might be a child’s way of telling you that they need something, that something isn’t right, that they are unhappy, confused or frightened
• has a stable life with flexibility to handle any challenges
• has relevant life experiences and /or have worked in one of the care or community sectors.
Our Foster Carers range in age and cultural background and can be single, same sex couples, defacto or married couples. You are ready to welcome a child into your family and are eager to use your exceptional skills and empathy to become a Foster Carer.
• Advice and support always available
• Substantial tax-free fortnightly allowance
• Structured learning and development program
For further information, please contact
03 8752 8500
29 September 2016
From the mines to the swimming pool and the stage to the boardroom, Australia's next generation of influencers are changing the world.