COVID-19 Emergency Support for Older Australians
Are you over 65 years of age or Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and over 50 and need some urgent assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic? Life Without Barriers can help older Australians access emergency support services through the Australian Government’s Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).
Should you have an urgent need for aged care support, Life Without Barriers will complete a referral to My Aged Care for you and commence services as soon as possible.
Types of support available:
- On-line group or individual activities
- Do your grocery shopping
- Assistance with Personal Monitoring Technology to keep you safe
- Help connecting with family and friends using technology
- Help around the home
- Pick up and drop off your medication
- Social chat, coffee or a walk
- Transport to appointments
- Other supports tailored to you