Including families in care teams
It’s important that children know their families are respected and valued and that they get opportunities to maintain and strengthen relationships with parents, siblings and extended family.
Family involvement in care teams may include
- family attending meetings with you and other care team members
- family and you meeting and getting to know one another
- you supporting children to spend time with their families
- family members providing important information about children’s histories
- families participating in assessments and services
- family members attending medical appointments, going to school meetings and watching sporting events
Families have a crucial role to play in caring for children.