Cultural support planning (CALD)
Cultural support planning helps children from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds retain their connections to family, heritage, religion, community and culture. It’s part of case planning for children from CALD backgrounds.
The cultural support plan
- Captures information about family, community and personal history
- Is developed in close collaboration with family and community members
- Strengthens their cultural identity and connections
- Helps their understanding of their community networks and cultural heritage
- Notes arrangements for contact with family and significant community members
- Identifies opportunities for participation in activities and experiences that will maintain links with family, community and culture
- Notes important cultural, religious and family information
Talk to your care team for more information.
Want to become a carer?
To become a foster carer your ability to care and nurture a child is what really matters.
To learn more, visit the LWB foster care website