Using your social media to connect with friends and family and online gaming is part of everyday life. But have you thought about:
- your digital footprint (try searching your own name)
- your online privacy settings
- how you feel each time you hear a new message arriving (or hear nothing)
- how you feel about the comments or images you post
- what happens when photos of you are shared without your agreement
- what you’re missing out on, or avoiding, while you spend time online
The world of technology use is not always easy to navigate.
Watch this video about online drama – you might relate to what these young people are saying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RydKEaiKolc&t=20s 4.14mins
For more information check out eSafety.
If you are being threatened online or need to get offensive images removed you can make a report to the eSafety Commissioner.
How useful was this info?
Thanks for your feedback. It will help us to improve the content ❤️
Check out the rest of the series
Sometimes it’s not easy to feel heard, but talking to someone helps setting your mind in ease and getting your questions answered. Contact Life Without Barriers not or look up the list of other useful support numbers.