Using your social media to connect with friends and family and online gaming is part of everyday life. But have you thought about:
- your digital footprint (try searching your own name)
- your online privacy settings
- how you feel each time you hear a new message arriving (or hear nothing)
- how you feel about the comments or images you post
- what happens when photos of you are shared without your agreement
- what you’re missing out on, or avoiding, while you spend time online
The world of technology use is not always easy to navigate.
Watch this video about online drama – you might relate to what these young people are saying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RydKEaiKolc&t=20s 4.14mins
For more information check out eSafety.
If you are being threatened online or need to get offensive images removed you can make a report to the eSafety Commissioner.