Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) registered as design category ‘Basic’
Discover this contemporary 4-bedroom home nestled in a quiet neighbourhood, conveniently close to local services.
We're looking for a social and independent female aged between 40-60 years who enjoys engaging conversations to share this welcoming home.
Single room with in-built robe, air-conditioning and heating and on-site support.
This warm and modern single-storey home features:
• Four bedrooms with built-in robes.
• Two bathrooms.
• Three living areas, including a double garage.
• Air-conditioning and heating for comfort.
• Secure front and back yard with a well-maintained small garden.
• Covered accessible outdoor spa ideal for relaxation.
• Suited for an active individual who enjoys socialising and engaging in home activities.
Please note narrow hallways and doorframes, unsuitable for those with mobility issues or complex medical care requirements. No hoists available on the property.
Currently 3 housemates who live in our social, independent, and confident home. They are aged between 40-60 and are an all female household.
Interests: Residents enjoy various activities centred around socialising and community involvement. They enjoy cooking together and sharing meals. Every Friday, there's a club night featuring karaoke, adding to the fun. Additionally, residents look forward to their weekly hydrotherapy pool session every Saturday.
Woongarrah is a wonderfully, centrally located and community orientated suburb. Our street is a quiet cul de sac with lots of parking and close to shops, cafes, parks, sports complex and medical facilities. There are day programs located nearby.
The property is not suitable for someone with mobility issues or complex medical care requirements.
Current support model
At Life Without Barriers, our commitment to the principles of 'Active Support' ensures residents lead engaging and meaningful lives. Our dedicated staff work hard to improve the well-being of those we support, aiming to bring joy and fulfilment to their lives.
We provide round-the-clock care with staff trained in First Aid and medication administration. Regular safety checks are carried out for households and vehicles. Emphasising a healthy lifestyle, we focus on fresh, unprocessed foods. Our staff collaborates with housemates, preparing delicious meals together.
Factors to consider when applying
Life Without Barriers will conduct a screening and suitability assessment to ensure housemates are compatible.
• You are aged 18 years or over.
• You are eligible for, and able to secure, an appropriate level of NDIS Supported Independent Living and Specialist Disability Accommodation funding.
• You have the financial means to pay rent and utilities and are prepared to sign (or for a representative to sign) a service and accommodation agreement. SDA Relevant Information:
Design Category 'Basic'