Purpose-built SDA home located in the premier suburb of Doncaster East
We have a vacancy in the premier location of Doncaster East in a lovely five-bedroom home. With two spacious living areas, as well as an outdoor alfresco area, there is ample space for residents to come together or find solace in their own zone.
The local area features parks, cafes, and medical centres close by, and the Westfield Doncaster Shopping Centre is just a short drive away. Public transport is easily accessed with several bus stops close by and the Nunawading train station a short drive or bus commute.
The vacant room is in the front section of the home, adjacent to the bathroom and has views of the front yard. It has built in wardrobes and air-conditioning and heating.
This spacious single storey home, located in a friendly neighbourhood, features:
• Five spacious bedrooms
• Two shared living areas on either side of the kitchen and dining area
• Three bathrooms throughout the house
• An open plan living area at the rear of the house that leads out to the uncover alfresco area which overlooks the private backyard.
• The current residents in the home are female
• The age range of residents is 30s to 60s
• The current residents are friendly, enjoy structured routines and contribute towards the running of the house
• The residents also attend day program Monday to Friday.
• The house is in the premier suburb of Doncaster East and is close to a Day Program
• Public transport buses and trains are close by
• The Westfield Doncaster is close by to access shopping, cinema, and medical supports.
The house is wheelchair accessible with wide hallway and no steps in the backyard.
The house design category is Robust.
Current support model
Rostered 24/7 care.
A qualified team of Carers provide Active Support, with experience in Epilepsy Management, Bowel Management and Positive Behaviour Support.
All staff have current First Aid and medication training.
Regular household and vehicle safety checks are conducted.
Factors to consider when applying
Life Without Barriers will conduct a screening and suitability assessment to ensure housemates are compatible.
You are aged 18 years or over.
You are eligible for, and able to secure, an appropriate level of NDIS Special Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding.
You have the financial means to pay rent and utilities and are prepared to sign (or for a representative to sign) a service and accommodation agreement.
The property is owned by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing and with staff support provided by Life Without Barriers.
Vacancy code: VICVDASE-S-2