Shared & Supported Independent Living vacancy
This accessible property with ceiling hoists in Southern Melbourne has 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
Built in robes, air conditioning & heating in room.
Ceiling tracks for portable ceiling hoist for sling transfers.
Large living spaces that can provide residents with quiet time or entertainment such as movies, music and sensory activities.
• Fire safety - Strikers, Alarm, Smoke Detector, Emergency Lighting and Sprinklers
• Our Life Without Barriers values are represented with experienced staff who provide great culture to the home and understand the importance of our resident’s needs
• The home was originally purpose built for higher support and has the following features:
o Four toilets and two large bathrooms with change tables o Ceiling hoists (overhead tracking system) throughout property o Wheelchair access throughout the home, both indoors and outdoors o Widened doorway access throughout property
• Beautiful garden situated at the back of the home
• The two vacant bedrooms are spacious and will provide a comfortable living arrangement for suitable candidate
Males, 30 to 48 years old.
Bus routes to Southland, Chadstone and Sandringham a short walk away.
Cheltenham train station and Cheltenham Park Reserve 10 min walk. Southland Shopping Centre a 15 min walk.
Also not far from Charman Rd in the centre of Cheltenham which includes good cafes/restaurants and shops.
Wheelchair accessible doorways (wider door frames), wider hallways, no steps/stairs at all throughout home, all exits wheelchair accessible.
Current support model
Rostered 24/7 support.
Factors to consider when applying
Life Without Barriers will conduct a suitability assessment with you to ensure that this level of supported independent living will meet your needs.
• You are aged 18 years or over.
• You are eligible for, and able to secure, an appropriate level of NDIS funding.
• You have the financial means to pay rent and utilities and are prepared to sign (or for a representative to sign) an accommodation agreement.
SDA relevant information: The Building type for this house is Group Home and design category for this house is Improved Liveability