2-bedroom Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) apartments in vibrant Brunswick VIC
These brand new two-bedroom apartments in the vibrant inner-city suburb of Brunswick offer a unique lifestyle for people with disability to live independently, with support from Life Without Barriers only moments away.
The apartments boast all new appliances and amenities and are located minutes from Sydney Road shopping precinct with numerous amenities, including restaurants, great coffee, and delicacies to meet every taste.
There are multiple public transport options with Anstey Train Station platform 200 metres along the shared pathway.
These architecturally designed apartments are an inspired collaboration between Housing Choices Australia (Housing Choices) and Nightingale Housing.
Housing Choices manages this property, and Life Without Barriers provides the onsite shared supports.
• There are built-in robes.
• Heating and cooling.
• This is a two-bedroom, one resident apartment designed to support individuals with varying support needs, including high physical supports.
• The apartments are in a residential development. These apartments are a mix of owner-occupiers and Housing Choices Australia tenants.
• There is a communal rooftop garden with a BBQ.
• 7.5 star rating, with no gas connection.
• The SDA design category is High Physical Support.
• Platinum SDA rated with high physical support capability
• Built-in wardrobes
• Energy Efficiency Rating: High
• Fire sprinklers
• Outdoor area
• Solar panels
• Wheelchair accessible
• Double glazed windows
• One efficient hydronic heating wall panel
• Onsite overnight assistance
• Recycled timber floorboards
• Non-smoking buildings
• You will live in the apartment on your own with access to shared supports.
• The other apartments are owner-occupiers.
• The home is located minutes from Sydney Road with numerous amenities, including restaurants, great coffee, and delicacies to meet every taste.
• Brunswick is a beautiful laid back multicultural suburb, popular with an alternative crowd, known for live music and funky venues.
• There are multiple public transport options, with Anstey Train Station 200 metres along the shared pathway.
• Entry to the apartment is fully accessible, inclusive of automated entry to your apartment.
• The apartment can be modified for individuals requiring higher levels of accessibility, such as the use of a hoist and other assistive technology funded through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Current support model
• Our support model includes a shared contribution which provides for onsite support – we call our model Community Independent Living. Download our Community Independent Living brochure to learn more about onsite shared supports.
• Our support team are highly trained, empower customers through a human rights-based approach and focus on delivering exceptional customer service.
Factors to consider when applying
The applicant must be aged 18 years or over.
This is an enrolled Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) property; therefore, the applicant will need to be approved by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) for this type of support.
The applicant will need to be able to pay rent and utilities.
The applicant or their support person will need to establish a residential agreement.
The applicant will need to contribute to the onsite support model with Life Without Barriers.
Download a printable brochure
You can download an accessible PDF brochure for you or the person you support.Brunswick (Parklife) - SIL vacancy brochure