1 bedroom Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) apartments in vibrant Brunswick, Melbourne
These brand new 1-bedroom apartments in the vibrant inner-city suburb of Brunswick offer a unique lifestyle for people with disability to live independently, with support from Life Without Barriers only moments away.
The apartments boast all new appliances and amenities and are located minutes from Sydney Road shopping precinct with numerous amenities, including restaurants, great coffee, and delicacies to meet every taste.
There are multiple public transport options with Anstey Train Station platform directly opposite the front entry. The train journey time between Melbourne CBD and Brunswick is around 16 min and covers a distance of around 9 km.
These architecturally designed apartments are an inspired collaboration between Housing Choices Australia (Housing Choices) and Nightingale Housing.
Housing Choices manages this property, and Life Without Barriers provides the onsite shared supports.
• There are built-in robes
• Heating and cooling.
• This is a one-bedroom, one resident apartment designed to support individuals with varying support needs, including high physical supports
• The SDA Design Category is High Physical Support or Fully Accessible
• The apartments are in a mixed-use development which includes boutique shops
• There is a communal rooftop garden that has BBQ
• 7.5 star rating, with no gas connection
• The apartments feature sustainable design and materials and opportunities to be neighbourly in communal social areas.
• Platinum SDA rated with high physical support capability
• Built-in wardrobes
• Energy Efficiency Rating: High
• Fire sprinklers
• Outdoor area
• Solar panels
• Wheelchair accessible
• Double glazed windows
• One efficient hydronic heating wall panel
• Onsite overnight assistance
• Recycled timber floorboards
• Non-smoking buildings
• You will live in the apartment on your own with access to shared supports.
• The other apartments, scattered throughout the building, are owner-occupiers.
• The home is located minutes from Sydney Road, in Melbourne, with numerous amenities, including restaurants, great coffee, and delicacies to meet every taste.
• Brunswick is a beautiful laid back multicultural suburb, popular with an alternative crowd, known for live music and funky venues.
• There are multiple public transport options with the Anstey Train Station platform directly opposite the front entry.
• Entry to the apartment is fully accessible, inclusive of automated entry to your apartment.
• The apartment can be modified for individuals requiring higher levels of accessibility, such as the use of a hoist and other assistive technology funded through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Current support model
• Our support model includes a shared contribution which provides for onsite support – we call our model Community Independent Living. Download our Community Independent Living brochure to learn more about onsite shared supports.
• Our highly trained support team empowers customers through a human rights-based approach and focuses on delivering exceptional customer service.
Factors to consider when applying
The applicant must be aged 18 years or over.
This is an enrolled Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) property; therefore, the applicant will need to be approved by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) for this type of support.
The applicant will need to be able to pay rent and utilities.
The applicant or their support person will need to establish a residential agreement.
The applicant will need to contribute to the onsite support model with Life Without Barriers.
Download a printable brochure
You can download an accessible PDF brochure for you or the person you support.Brunswick (Anstey) - SIL vacancy brochure